I’m so glad this is being passed around. Some of the comments people have left are just great and although it’s sad that so many people struggle with self-destruction, it also feels good to discuss it openly and creatively and have people support the hell out of that.
This is so cute :’) Bless you rubyetc!
So important. Wear whatever you want to no matter what. You deserve to be happy.
Finally! This is awesome!
You know, the one that gives housewives/full-time mothers a pension— wages for housework?
It’s ONLY A HUGE VICTORY FOR FEMINISM, SOCIALISM, AND WOMEN OF COLOR. Not a big deal or anything. Tumblr is mysteriously silent about this.
I don’t really trust anyone that doesn’t care about politics or social issues, because these are generally the people who have the privilege of being apolitical, and of ignoring those specific issues.
I always get uncomfortable when someone has no opinion.
These links work as of 5/7/13.
None of the links require downloads, plug in installs, or signing up for anything of ANY KIND. Those are just ads, click out of them and press play. If you’re struggling, this chrome plug in will make your life easier.
Subbed = speaking in japanese with english subtitles
Dubbed = speaking in english (usually with no subtitles)
- The Cat Returns: subbed | dubbed
- Grave of the Fireflies: subbed | dubbed
- Horus: Prince of the Sun: subbed | x
- Howl’s Moving Castle: subbed | dubbed
- Kiki’s Delivery Service: subbed | dubbed
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky: subbed | dubbed
- My Neighbor Totoro: subbed | dubbed
- My Neighbors the Yamadas: subbed | dubbed
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: subbed | dubbed
- Only Yesterday: subbed | x
- Panda! Go Panda!: subbed | x
- Pom Poko: subbed | dubbed
- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea: subbed | dubbed
- Porco Rosso: subbed | dubbed
- Princess Mononoke: subbed | dubbed
- The Secret World of Arrietty: subbed | dubbed
- Spirited Away: subbed | dubbed
- Tales from Earthsea: subbed | dubbed
- Whisper of the Heart: subbed | dubbed
I’m sorry, but when did Cinco de Mayo become a holiday for white people?
When did it become acceptable to don stereotypical sombreros and ponchos and mustaches and get shitfaced?
You can’t pay us slave wages, make fun of our accents, treat us like lesser human beings, mock us, call us ‘spics’, ‘wetbacks’, and ‘illegals’, and then claim our culture for yourselves.
Today is a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.
NOT. FUCKING. YOU.
“To JK Rowling, from Cho Chang” by Rachel Rostad
Regardless of your opinion on the Harry Potter books (I’ve been madly in love with them since way back in elementary), you should watch this video. Be sure to actually listen to the poet and not immediately jump to the defense of the books that you love. It’s okay to love something and acknowledge that it has flaws.
Watch it, it’s absolutely brilliant.
the first step towards confidence is not being afraid to be ugly
once you get over the fear of being unattractive and stop equating beauty with other good things in life (friends, love, happiness) it’s a lot easier to love yourself unconditionally
your job is not to sit around and be pretty and easy on everyone else’s eyes
your job is to do whatever the fuck you want and look however the fuck you want while doing it